Tuesday, June 24, 2008

The Good, The Bad, and the Purl

Good: I will finish the Scarf from heck tonight and rewarp the loom. I will, I really really will. If I hadn't been seduced by the 50% racks at BN last night I would have finished.

Bad: Well, I suppose this depends on how you look at it. I took my knitting to bed last night. I needed something to shut my brain off. Knitting almost worked. DH laughed at me, which I deserved for the number of times I have derided him for knitting in bed. Plus the number of times I have laughed when his PDH (platonic DH) has visited and they have spent the day in bed together....knitting. Or sleeping. Or knitting and sleeping, not at the same time. He's also learning what it feel like to want me to do something only to have me say, "Wait, just let me finish this row."

The Purl: DH figured out how I can purl, or do a purl -ike stitch that will create stockingette. Squeeeeeeee! If this works, wonky american continental backwards knitters like me will fall and worship at his feet.

Must...finish...scarf....

No comments: