Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Fuzzy?

Ok, so I have a new project on the loom, a heavy worsted wool with a fingering carry along that has a mohair-like halo, but without the mohair stickiness. Cream and pink and grey.

Problem: While the look is soft and lovely, the texture is like fuzzy plastic. I think it will be fine as soon as I wash and block it, but sadly right now it feels like cheap acrylic.

A young woman was watching what I was doing (we were at Starbucks), and I think I convinced her on-the-spot to get an Ashford Knitter's Loom, and in any case we invited her to Monday Night knitting to show her what fun it can be, bwah ha ha ha ha ha ha.

And I had to do a very painful frogging tonight. DH's Montego Bay Scarf. The pattern just hates him. It flatly refuses to work for more than a few rows before the demonic pattern begins to twist and turn yarn and randomly add and subtract stitches. He has tried it with different yarns with the same effect, so it's not that the pattern hates the yarn, it just hates him. I hated ripping it back. He had gotten so far and it looked so nice.....but now armed with a giganto yarn cake of the various colored yarn, I think he's gonna give it one more try.

Me? I think he should burn the pattern, erase it from his memory. and find a whole new use for the Giant Yarn Cake.

No comments: