Saturday, July 12, 2008

gone wonky

Ok, so the project I was working on got cut-off early. It was just not working. I unrolled it to check the length, and low and behold found big gaping holes where there was once nice tight weaving. The cool part is when I slid the yarn around, it made some really groovy ripples and holes. The bad part is that it was completely impractical to wear, and I really did not want to deal with another 5 feet...plus a piece that is loose early on gets worse over length. So I decided to stop and cut my losses. I decided to wet it and throw it in the dryer to see what would happen. All I got was a fuzzy rippled creased thing. I'm going to block it and put it away until I find a use of a home for it.

Oh, and GF once again said she liked it and it was nice, and I asked her if she liked it enough to put it in her closet, because that's probably where it would land. She did the uh...uh...uh... stutter stall. I told her not to tell me she liked something if she would not want it in her closet. I think that will put a stop to the polite approval of items.

Nothing breeds honesty like threatening to put in a UGH in someone's closet because they (politely) say they like it.

No comments: