Saturday, July 12, 2008

gone roving

Ok, so the last blue-and-green is off the loom, replaced with another blue-and-green, with a subtle color change yarn. Problem is that the transitions are very slow and long, and the green was lookinga bit monotonous. Thankfully, the LYS we were at is mostly a fiber store, and I found a great sample bag with a ton of rope roving in colors that would look lovely in current project.

So for the first time I am incorporating roving into a woven piece, and it looks wonderful. And it's a dirt cheap was to dress up something dull, because I am using pinches of roving each time. And I mean little pinches. This bag-o-soft-and-lovely-dyed-wool will last fo-evah. I need to do this more.

I love some of the funky and/or lovely double stranded stuff I've been doing, but this is waaay faster and easier. I'm just hoping this one doesn't go weird on me, or I'm going to consider this project cursed.

No comments: