Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Darn Distractions

I meant to get more weaving done last night. Really I did. But the lure of the last night of 50% off sale at a book store proved to be too much, so I got somewhat less done. I also got postcards and cards I don't really need, and which I will most likely return, much to the irritation of people around me.

So back to the fiber at hand. I love the colors I am working with, but did not give myself enough variation in texture to keep it from getting repetitive. Repetitive is not bad, just not what I was intending. It may or may not go to its intended recipient. But as always, I have a backup plan. Stash is our friend. Stash allows for last minute changes in plans or backups in case a YUM turns into an UGH! Stash allows us creative freedom. Stash allows us to have a wide variety of resources at our fingertips, so we can be ready for any fiber arts emergency. Stash may not always cooperate, and certain parts of it might go into hiding at the worst possible moment, but at least it gives us options. And really, what bad day can't be made better by pawing through stash to fondle the fibers? Can we file cost of stash under mental health aid?

1 comment:

Cara said...

> Can we file cost of stash under mental health aid?

I certainly do! That's all that got me through most of 2007!